1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens if backup is larger than original TOC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bakakim, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Bakakim

Bakakim Member

What happens if a backup (dvd-r)is larger than original ps2 TOC game. For example Soul Calibur II (dvd-r) and Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore (orig). Does the game still loads or pauses at a certain part in the game...
    (This is using the Action Replay swap method)

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Well if the backup were bigger than the original then the original would not boot that game and would therefore have to use an original that did have a bigger TOC than the backup. The only thing is that I don't think the backup could be bigger than the original if you did a 1:1 copy. They only it would be bigger is if you added more files. Also if you burn image file of the game it will be bigger than the original game but once you burn the image file back to a blank DVD R then it will end up being the same size as the original.

3. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Bakakim;

The game will either crash or not load at all, although I've yet to see any that did.

I ran into TOC problems like you mentioned on several PS1 machines (back before chips came out) and that was the symptom.