1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happens If i were to do this? Upgrade not downgrade?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Kylebacon, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Kylebacon

Kylebacon Regular member

Well i got a PSP for Xmas a few days ago *dads usless* anyways i got it turned it on and all checked what version it was i was 3.71 so i went to update it said there was a new one,i thought wait no i wont upgrade it yet so i didnt and i wasnt too sure about all this downgrading n all so i thought id leave it and my step dad rang up bout 2 guys...

1. One said you download them off the net i clearly knew he was probley thinking of Demos.
    2. the other guy said u can do it hes heard of people doing it and others that failed. and wasnt a good thing to do..

I knew it could be downgraded i knew there wasnt a safe way but i just went yer ohk and upgraded and then found out there was a custom firmwire that upgraded to the version mine got upgraded to (3.90)

And i was thinking instead of downgrading couldn't you possibly upgrade to a custom firmwire that lets you play homebrew games? sorry if this has been asked before lots of times oh and mine is a PSP Slim & lite coz i was thinking there wud have to be a easier way instead of cutting a wire in a batty or downgrading it..so would my thought work? im guessing now i was just wounding if it would work and if it didnt why not if someone could explain that to me? thanks in advance

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

ur on sony's 3.90fm and u have a slim u will need a pandora battery and memory card to get cf

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you know someone that has a custom firmware PSP ask them to help create the Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick. HERE is a guide that walks you through those steps.

If you only have access to your PSP SLIM with Official Firmware then go HERE and follow this guide. You can create the Magic memory Stick with your Official PSP but you will need to Hardmod the Battery to a Pandora Battery or buy a Datel Tool Battery if Hardmodding the Battery isn't an option.

Those are your only options.

4. Kylebacon

Kylebacon Regular member

Ah thanks very much both of you =]