1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what hard drive do I need to buy with USB eXtreme ??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jamieuk, Mar 30, 2005.

1. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

Hi just heard of this new progrmae called USB eXtreme.

looking in to buying a USB hard drive to run with it, but I have no idea which 1 to buy ??

found this info on a site ...

"you will need a USB Hard drive Enclosure with Hard drive "

I have no idea wot kind of hard drive this is >> can you point me in the right direction ??

thanks for your help !

jay

2. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

It's not a specific kind of hard drive. A usb hard drive enclosure is a case to put your actual hard drive in, and plugs in via usb to either pc or ps2, but in your case it's ps2.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  3. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

So, does that mean that you buy a standard internal HD, and then put it in this case and it acts like an external?? I hope this usbextreme doesn't turn out to be a bust, cause it would be nice not to swap.

4. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

Umm i dont know what they're talking about. but i ordered that, and i have a USB 2.0 External Western Digital 70 gig drive... i hope the speeds are fast or the same. jus go with the USB External drive. "2.0"

5. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

Aren't the ports on the slim ps2 still only USB 1.0/1.1, at least I think I read that on here. Would that make your drive incompatible or would it just have the slower transfer speeds?

If anyone has any infor on the USB HD enclosure that would be good, cause I'm not sure what the enclosure does, and if you use an already external HD or its uses to convert an internal into an external HD.

Thanks in advance...

6. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

usb 2.0 would run at regular usb speeds.. yeh.. still compatible..

7. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

I wrote about it already lol, second post. But I think an external hard drive would work the same as a hard drive enclosed in an external case. It seems as long as it connects via usb and is a hard drive, it should work.