1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has happened?!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by richtig, Nov 8, 2004.

1. richtig

richtig Guest

I tried to backup Troy. I ran it through ShrinkDVD, but before encoding the movie i was asked for the region code the movie was specified for. it said that if i would enter the code correctly, the backup will be made region free. i entered 2 as i'm pretty sure i purchased it in europe and it was playable in my dvd-rom which is set to 2.
    so i encoded the dvd and burned the iso-image with nero, but i can't play the backupped movie!
    have i entered the region wrong or did nero fail burning or is th dvd copy-protected or what?
    hope someone can help - THX

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Why not try it using region free? If it was copy protected shrink would have gotten around that, or it wouldn't have let you proceed. I doubt Nero didn't burn it either.

BTW, I didn't think it was out yet on DVD, I really been wanting to see it. Did you order it from overseas?

3. richtig

richtig Guest

thanks for your answer!
    how can i see it region free? i forgot to metion that my pc doesn't even recognize the dvd+r, can this be an effect of region limitation?
    i actually didn't order it from overseas, i'm actually from europe and bought it at a local store...
    worst case would be to shrink and burn it again, but i'm afraid the same thing will happen due to some copy protection or region code or whatever... :(

EDIT: ok, my bad: found region free, but isn't there any freeware that does the job? authorities here are pretty much bloddhounds when it comes to illegal downloading, so thats not really an option :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2004
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If you copied it to +R media, most definitely it could be a factor,LOL.

region wouldn't have anything to do with shrink getting around copy protection tho. After you hit backup in shrink and the target window pops up, click on DVD Region tab, then check region free, then it won't matter whether it's region one or two.

Also, this could be a media problem, what media are you using.

Sorry about that, I keep forgetting not everyone lives over here, LOL, force of habit. I'm trying to break it tho. I was told by Blockbuster it wouldn't be released til Janurary here. Which surprised me, considering how many they could sell for Xmas :>)

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hmmm...you edited on me or gremlins are at it again,LOL.

I was talking about shrink's region free setting. You mentioned you have that.:>)

6. richtig

richtig Guest

i always backup on +R media and they work fine, so i don't think thats were the problem is...
    i'm getting to think that i misunderstood the popup-window in shrink... i thought i had to enter the region code the dvd was made for, but selecting region free makes much more sense suddenly...
    i guess, ill just try again and watch the backup-dvd twice as much so it pays off ;)

hey as there is also english sound on the dvd you could order one from europe... kinda must be the first time we have anything earlier here than in the us....;)
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...4101/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/302-2669000-0894453
    (i'm NOT saying that you could make copies and sell it earlier than anybody else! LOL)
    thanx for helping again!

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Oh, I would never do that, but I sure would like to watch it. Wonder what the shipping is? Thanx so much for the link, I'll check it out :>)