1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has ill effects on the burning process?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by teggy, Nov 30, 2004.

1. teggy

teggy Regular member

I have burnt Killzone, online it works(I have yet to try it online as I havent got past my pin, so my sony login won't work until I get it. It gets past the DNAS test anyways) But it took a few attempts to boot, the third it was fast but then it slowed down on the loading screen with the bar. Then it speeded up at the menu. In game I cd not use te x button to climb etc and when I paused the game it froze. I tried it again and got the same effects.

When I was burning it I was on MSN, the internet & watching Red vs Blue. Would them things running interfere with decrypter in anyway.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I dont know if running other programs does affect things, but before B burn anything I always close all programs and restart my PC. Probably being over cautious but haven't had a bad disc yet.

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

It prolly is that, Cuz usually I play my PS2 or watch TV while it's burning. And it is small things like slow loadi g sound skipping and not being able to use the x button during gameplay, cuz a sequence loads to show what action can be performed then u hit x, but i stood for ages totry it. Anyways.. I guess it speeds up on loadin occasionaly but thanks for the info, guess il try ur method.

4. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Try burn it at loweset speed possible (1x or 2x ONLY) to see if the condition has improved. Also try to use different media. I use Ridata Ritek go4 and it works just like original disc.
    DO NOT USE MEMOREX

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

I know how to burn, I know to do it at the lowest speed. I know to use good media. I know how to do all the other stuff to. I just wondered if things interfered with the process... and now that i've had time to think it does, as Decrypter takes up quite a bit of the system's resources. Meaning other programs will have to share the same resources resulting in bad performance. Still the game after playing the real one for a while that I rented.. pretty much sucks. It better improve and be good online!