1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What ia a HD_Burner?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Sam42, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

I sent this request for information to Nero 6 tech support:

The tab (and function)for HD_Burn did not install on the Start Smart screen. This is the second time I have installed Nero 6. The first time, it installed perfectly...however, I have fdisked and started over, and this time it didn’t work..

The answer that came is:

"Dear valued customer,
    thank you very much for your e-mail.
    This option will only be displayed if you have a HD_Burn recorder attached to your system."

Question… What is a HD_Burn recorder? The hardware configuration of my PC did not change between the successful and unsuccessful install, except that I removed an old modem card. That means it must be software?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Gonna be brief.. on explaining.. what a HD Burner is.. !!

Sanyo Corp started developing a process where a CD burner could be made to write double on a regular blank CdRom -- (a 700Mb could take 1.4G of data)

The process was proposed to some CD/DVD burner manufacturers -- so far i know only of Sanyo that has a DVD Burner that has HD Capacity..!

By the way HD.. stands for High Density -- explaining exactely what it does.

Latest Nero version have the capabilities of recognizing this type of burner -- so the Support was right in saying , the option is blanked out CAUSE you do not have a HD Burner.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004