1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a good program to convert ogg files to mp3?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by elperra, Mar 13, 2005.

1. elperra

elperra Member

Hi, I just download ogg music files, what is a good program to convert these files into mp3?
    Thanks.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

3. piredal

piredal Guest

Xilisoft Video to Audio Converter from http://www.xilisoft.com can covert ogg music files to mp3. You may try.

4. elperra

elperra Member

Thanks guys for your replies, I will give those a try.

5. thebigbos

thebigbos Member

you will have to dl the codec for ogg files if you want to use dbpoweramp. I must say it is 1 of the better convertors I`ve used. Just ensure you are loged onto the net, poweramp will find the dl site for you. If you dl dBpoweramp see if you cant get rev 10.. with rev 11 you only get 30day trail

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

The 30 day trial limit is only for the Mp3 encoder. The rest of the app will still be usable without limits.

Link to dMC v10:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334
    Note: For best preformence update the LAME.dll to the most current stable version!

Ced

7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

hey Ced can't you just point it to the same external lame encoder you use for EAC and it will just use that?

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yea but you would still have to install (or registar the use of an external encoder with dMC so that it will appear in the option list for use with) the [bold]LAME CLI[/bold] for dMC, then copy paste or point to your own version of the LAME.exe.

I don't mess with the LAME CLI cause it is out of date (since it would be silly to upgade the CLI since Spoon is charging people to use the 3.96.1 version). Either way you will need to have the latest stable verison of the LAME package (EXE and DLL) already. I think using the built in encoder would work better in terms of resources but the outcome (after experimentation) is the same with either method.

Link to LAME CLI:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp3-lame.htm
    Note the version number!

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

cool thanks