1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT IS ACTION REPLAY ?????????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Riyaz, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

hi
    im new to all this stuff so i wanted to know what action replay is and what it does. do you need swap magic with action replay? and whats action replay max? someone please help me im sooooooo confused

thnks

2. perro20

perro20 Guest

you dont need swap magic
    basically action replay is the same as game shark you can get cheats and stuff of the game you're playing

3. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

but can action replay make an original game so you can play it without modchip etc.for example
    you have just copied a ps2 game and then you want the game to become original again can action replay do that if not do you no any other software that can.

thnx

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  4. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

im really confused u c

5. steimy

steimy Active member

i have heard of people doing it that way but i am not sure of the method they used. I would go with swap magic for back ups. Also you will need a slidcard or flip top(old PS2) or slimtool(new PSTwo slim) to use with swap magic for the back ups to work.

6. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

Does anyone happen to know the method of doing that??

any answer would be helpful

thnx

7. sigare

sigare Member

I have and Action Replay max evo and even though it isnt the best way to do it used the slide card method to swap out the Action replay disc and loaded in my copy of ssx and it booted no problem.

For dvd's it has not worked had to get a cd/dvd loader and use that in conjuntion.

Now i do not use the Action replay as the max evo one does not stop the the disc from spinning at any point and could of hurt my self or my system.

Hope it helps

8. Riyaz

Riyaz Guest

that info did help but can anyone tell me how to use action replay max evo step by step and make a chip game to original again please.

thnx

9. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

What is it, you are asking?? Are you wanting to boot the copy with action replay? Or are you wanting to make a copy of your copy(and turn it to original :-?)?

If what you are asking is playing a backup without a chip or sm3, then the answer you are looking for is a simple NO

10. sigare

sigare Member

You can play back ups with out SM3 or a chip. You can not turn a back-up into an original.

That is the best i can do as far as what i know.

I have the AR Max Evo like i said... and all be not good Cd back ups will play after you insert the AR disc.

The problem is with the AR Max Evo the cd does not stop spining and this could cause harm to your system and you if not careful.

All ya need to do is use the slide card (or something similar). There are posts on the forum and by doing other searches such as google that can give directions on doing this.