1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Bricking the PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by FinalFant, Jul 7, 2007.

1. FinalFant

FinalFant Member

I haven't asked anything on here in a long time, so I thought I'd finally ask something that will probably cause me to shut up for a while again. Yes it is about bricking and downgrading and all that crap. So here it is: Say I downgraded and upgraded to FW 3.40 OE and, in theory, I stayed at that FW for the rest of my life, would there still be any risk of bricking my PSP, and if so what things could do it?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

When you brick your PSP, you break it. It turns on, but nothing happens. The only times you can brick your PSP is during downgrading, or updating to an OE fw. You can stay on OE for as long as you want though.

3. FinalFant

FinalFant Member

Okay thanks! I knew what bricking was but wasn't sure on the second part you said, so thanks for the heads up!

4. MaTiAz44

MaTiAz44 Member

Nope. You can brick ANY TIME you have write access to flash0.

5. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Does that mean as long as I only run homebrew that does NOT specifically flash anything I don't risk any brick scenario's or am I simplifying it too much?

Also is there a chance of bricking running ISO's or CSO's? (obviously my owned ones. {Not intrested in downloaded ISO's})

Are there any other known scenario's to brick? (within my usage above)
    I think there is also a possibility if memory stick and / or UMD is removed during usage?

Sorry for the essay, just want to ensure safe for my kids and take advantage whilst a pro is available. ;-)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

no way to brick with iso.