1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is currently the best DivX player out there?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by NICKLER, Jun 6, 2007.

1. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

Im looking at getting a new DivX player. What player do you think is the best im looking at spending around 100$. Ive been looking at

Pioneer 1-Disc HDMI DVD Player (DV490VK)

Philips Progressive Scan 1-Disc DVD Player With DivX Ultra (DVP5140)

Samsung Upconverting DVD Player (DVD-HD870/XAC)

Sony Progressive Scan DVD Player With DivX (DVPNS67PB) - Black

Im really just looking for the most stable divx player out there. Ive had older ones in the past that dont play all my movies, but as soon as i put the same movie into a better qauality player they work fine.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

They "best" would I guess be a newer Sigma based player since they actually support HD resolutions rather than just upsizing. You would need to spend more though.

3. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

nickler!,,there is no best divx player,,they all have their weak point,,unless you can try buy some unbrand name made from china and it should do the job for you..cheap brand they do not good picture quality but they play almost any type of disc..if you want to play any format of disc and brand name like::pioneer,philips(i don't recommended philips and samsung),sony, onky (this is one of the best dvd player in the world but downdside it's very pricey),toshiba (forget about this one,it's does terrible job on play back copy dvd and getting very hot,not many copy dvd can stand the heat of it), harman kardon (jbl) this one price like pain in the ass>>

if you want reliable i suggest pioneer dvd player,, pioneer now is the king of dvd recorder and pc burner ( i believe more 60% of user is use pioneer),,pioneer very stable and reliable with warranty service is excellent.......and you can check on www.ebay.com ,as i see and wanna try to buy one of them,, they ads dvd player that play xvid and upscale to HD (i'm not sure this is true or not) you can read all feed back before you buy....anyway i'm talking too much,,you could be confuse when you read this.....hehehe..

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

5. orical

orical Guest

ASDA £34- HDMI DVD PLAYER WITH DIVX ONN.PLAYS ALL SO FAR NO FLICKER VERY HAPPY.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can name any machine you want, but the question asked for the BEST!

The best DivX player is a Microsft Xbox with XBMC installed.

It will play ANY available video file found on the internet, it will never ask or bother you about codecs. Will play parts of files, corrupted files, etc.

Hell, it can even fix AUDIO\VIDEO sync problems.

It also can be networked to a PC and stream video from there. I have nearly a thousand films on HDD. I also have hundreds of TV shows. The Xbox can catalog them all in a library, fetch the DVD covers, plot synopsis and cast info.

I just scroll through my library with the remote and click play. No need for discs...

Example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mord

mord Regular member

i agree with chunkhead, if not an xbox...then i would choose philips...been working awesome for me

8. orical

orical Guest

the question was best DiveX for 100$ as i stated asda £34.Exchange rate about£70.
    chunkhead,mord,both Xbox and the philips cost more, as most people want Divex players to view movies from PTP.
    so what is the point in
    spending hundreds.you don't have a PHDinIT but it helps.