1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is custom Firmware? and will it work?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by awaisuk, Jun 13, 2007.

1. awaisuk

awaisuk Member

Hey

Right now i have a 2.71 TA-082, and i have DEVHOOK and HEND on it. They run fine, but as some games require 3.11 Firmware devhook is not able to reach it. I have heard its possible through CUSTOM FIRMWARE.

Can someone tell me if i can paly ISOs through Custom firmware, and will it do any damage to my 2.71 TA-082?

Thanks

2. awaisuk

awaisuk Member

someone mind giving me their MSN Address for support?

Thanks!

3. Blahs

Blahs Member

Hi awaisuk,

custom FW can be seen as the same as normal sony FW, just all the security stuff has been conveniently taken out. This means that you can play ISO backups of your UMD games. Homebrew can be played...emulators and stuff. Even PS1 games.

step 1 to get this wonderful gift-
    DO NOT UPGRADE with normal sony FW. stay exactly where you are with your current FW.
    step 2 - follow links explaining how to Downgrade to FW 1.5, then upgrade to custom FW. try this link. this guys has recently had the same FW as you and has successfully gotten Custom FW. Just read instructions carefully.

4. awaisuk

awaisuk Member

Yes but i have TA-082 BOARD...

I was really worried the first time i wanted to try devhook as people said it cannot be run in a ta-082 board, but i gave it a shot and it worked.

Now i am worried again, as it might brick my PSP or something...

Please can someone give me a Guarantee and a link to the instruction of how to get a custom firmware from 2.71 TA-082 ?

Thank you

5. Blahs

Blahs Member

this link worked for a TA-82 mobo. read the 3rd statement.

anyway, the TA-82 can be downgraded. you just have to be very careful with the downgrading procedure you use. the eboots and stuff have to be for TA-82 motherboards specifically.

if you really want a guarantee from some one, just do a search on satisfied 2.71 with ta-82 mobo downgraders or something.
    hope it helps a bit