1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is exactly the point of a clan?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by grkblood, Dec 3, 2007.

1. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

Ok, my understanding of a clan is a group of guys that are essentially all on a team together. What is exactly the point though? From what I see on COD4, the different types of games are all public. Is the only time you can do a clan vs. clan is when you are in a private match? Also, what is stopping someone from using your clan ID? Can't anyone just enter whatever they want into the clan tag thingy? Mostly everything I said is all assumptions being that I am new to the clan thing. Maybe I'll try to jon a clan if there is more to it that what I'm assuming. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

2. alex131

alex131 Guest

I don't have a lot of knowledge in regards to COD4. In resistance though, clans sometimes group similar people. e.g.:snipers, shotties only, one hit kill players, 5 star generals only, etc.
    Some guys take clans seriously and have tryouts and stuff. I change clans almost daily because I get bored or don't like hanging out with the guys anymore. If you have a decent friends list and you're a casual gamer, you might not want to step into a serious clan.

3. cazer

cazer Regular member

in cod4 there is no point to a clan cause you can use any clan id you want. there is no clans in cod4 just clan tags.