1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is good dvd+r media for backups.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by n00bi3, Feb 1, 2004.

1. n00bi3

n00bi3 Member

I used to use Imation with no problems but the most recent batch I bought skip during fmv and has terrible loading times. I went to the store and picked up a couple of Phillips disks but they skip during fmv too albeit not as bad as the Imations.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if it skip... then try burning slower... if that wont help try using dvd-r...

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Get some Princo DVD-R. I got some from Office MAx for 20 cents each and they work great for PS2 backups.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you want to get the best then I would suggest getting Sony+r,HP+r,or Verbatim+r since these are expensive you can try out Memorex+r with the dvd boxes not the ones with the jewel cases considering they might have a couple that are deffective which you can tell if it is a deffective disc by looking at it,should have waves going through it easy as that but by getting the dvds with the dvd boxes you won't get deffective discs.I buy the 10 packs of Memorex+r at WalMart for 20 dollars which aint a bad deal seen some Sony dvds that are less than that if you buy by the 5 pack.

5. erab610

erab610 Member

I usually buy 50 packs of memorex +Rs from amazon.. They go for about $65 there.. and burn at 2.4x.. they work like a charm, haven't had a coaster yet..