1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is HEN-D and why is it needed to downgrade 2.71 to 1.5...?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Superleo, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Superleo

Superleo Member

i am using this tutorial to download: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about17935.html

specifically... this:

2.71 TA-082 HEN-D Downgrading Tutorial

specifically... this part:

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PSP CHARGER IN AT ALL TIMES

1. Before you start, reformat your memory stick and reset
    your default settings.

2.Create a USB connection between your PSP and computer.

3. Copy the UPDATE and idstoragechange folders into /PSP/GAME/

4. Get the official Sony 1.50 eboot and put it in the /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder with the name of UPDATE.PBP

5. Run HEN-D if you are not already running it.

6. Execute the idstoragechange on the PSP. It needs 75% battery. It will change some keys of your idstorage needed to downgrade the TA-082 PSP.

7. The program will exit to the XMB. Now run the generic downgrade, which will show in the XMB as “Update X.YX” on the PSP.

8. The generic downgrader will also need 75% battery. IT will downgrade your PSP to 1.50.

9. At the end, it will ask you to press X to restart the PSP. Do it.

10. If all went fine, you’ll receive a blue screen telling you to press O. Do it, and re-enter your settings. Welcome to 1.50.

now i have a small question... what is HEN-D? i have the file. but i dont know how to run it or install it or whatever.

also... which file do they mean exactly by the generic downgrader? which one do i hit?

thanks in advance.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Read the readme for HEN-D. That's a homebrew enabler which is needed for the downgrader to run. A Generic downgrader means that it's not for one of the newer PSP's motherboards. You can't use it on TA-082-TA-086 motherboards.

3. Superleo

Superleo Member

i found the tutorial on what im trying to do here in this same forum section, it seems i am stuck in the same generic step. my psp does have t086 or t082 or whatever. i just dont know what to do at that point. i posted in the thread cuz i got stuck in it also running the installer