1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is MDS file?? Do we need that file to make DVD back ups or do we just need the ISO file??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cloud9174, Nov 6, 2004.

1. cloud9174

cloud9174 Member

When I create the ISO file it also created the MDS file. What is it and do we need this to make the back up game work?? When I try to burn the ISO file DVD decrypter asked me to select MDS file instead of the ISO. If I downloaded the ISO file only is it possible to make games out of them??

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the mds file is simular to the cue file with bin/cue's and if dvd decrypter won't let you burn the iso because you don't have an mds file just use somthing like nero6, alcohol 120 to burn your iso file

3. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

when the dvd decypter chose the MDS file automatically just burn it i also adds the .iso file as weel and works perfectly :p!

4. mshotrod

mshotrod Member

I'm having the same probable with it wanting you to select mds instead. When I record it to my dvd-r it won't work with my flip top? What is wrong????????? frustrated... :(
    I also tried it by right clicking file and used nero still not working... after I updated decrypter.. I haven't been successful..:(

5. cloud9174

cloud9174 Member

Well the I can burn the ISO file fine. Is just that after I burned the ISO file that I downloaded I cant play it on my mod PS2. Why?

6. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

bd media bad burn i dont know what media burner program u use ??