1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my modchip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by soaresj, Apr 24, 2003.

1. soaresj

soaresj Guest

I bought my psx2 last month already chiped (second hand), but the person that sold it to me didn't know what chip it is, and as a newbie, neither do I. All that I do is put DVD X Free CD and when the screen with the options to choose what region I want to play, I swap this CD with the backup one and press X. And I can play the games with no problems. Can you tell me what modchip mine could be?? I'm european (I don't know if this helps, because I know that psx2 are diferent)
    Also I can play movies recorded on DVD-R but I never tried backup games on DVD. Do you think that my modchip will read them? And what it is AR2? I downloaded it and tried it on my psx2 and did not read, even with the DVD X Free CD loaded first. And game shark??
    Sorry for all this newbie questions and of course with my english.
    Thanks

2. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Do you have anything pluggen in the USB ports(front side) of your console? If yes you have a SBOX/Neo-Key Mod. If there is nothing over there then you might be having a Neo 2.2 internal Mod. Check if your console plays DVD backups. From where did you download AR2?????

Zamsak

3. jones617

jones617 Guest

i believe that piracy. Thats not allowed.

4. soaresj

soaresj Guest

Thanks for the infos. No I don't have nothing plugged on USB ports so I guess maybe I have a Neo 2.2 Internal. I don't know if I can play DVD backups of games, but the person that sold it to me showed me some DVD movies backups and this psx2 played them all and was not necessary first load DVD X free CD.

Thanks for info

5. telescope

telescope Regular member

Rather sell this dvd region off
    And go for a modchip

6. telescope

telescope Regular member

Rather sell this dvd region off
    And go for a modchip

7. soaresj

soaresj Guest

What modchip do you advise?

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If it is a Neo 2.2 then it will play DVD-R with a double swap method. My tutorial at the top of the main page has the process. As for the best chip please da a search and do some research.

9. soaresj

soaresj Guest

ok, thanks again

10. telescope

telescope Regular member

go for messiah 2 pro
    Thats the best chip i know