1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is my wep

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by allforgod, Jun 10, 2007.

1. allforgod

allforgod Member

i need my wep password to make my internet work but i dont know what it is help please

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

try 'password'. I'm sorry, what is a WEP exactly?

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Wired Equivalent Privacy-its in your wireless router settings-it will be a series of letters and numbers-on your computer there should be a control panel of some sort for your wireless router-you can find the WEP there..

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I don't think it's listed anywhere. WEP is the password you setup to protect your wireless network. If you did not set up one, there maybe no protection, OR WEP is the default password. It's setup by your router manufacture. Read the router manual or contact the manufacturer.

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

That could be a true also-if you didnt set up a password initially, you may not have one, but yeah check the maunal for your router..

I imagine not all routers have the same setup-when I set mine up, it asked if I wanted higher encryption-so it generated the WEP password which I can access and view through the router utility that came with it...

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

Yeah if that is the case, if you havn't changed any settings, it should be simple, like "password", or "pass"

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Actually I remember the default password for my router is the serial number. Took me a while to figure that out. :/

8. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

manually lift up your router, if it's not been changed chances are it's printed on a sticker on the bottom. (depending on brand)