1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is needed besides FlipTop & Swap magik?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by don99, Oct 11, 2004.

1. don99

don99 Guest

I am new to this proceedure, and would appreciate it if anyone could list what I will need to back-up my games.
    I am expecting My FlipTop Cover and The SwapMagic disc soon. I have a Sony DRX 700DL Burner, Plus a CD burner and DVD player. I have a decent computer.
    How exactly does the Flip top proceedure work.
    Do I have to burn the disc first on the PC then insert it into the PS2?
    Do I need any other hardware to make Back-ups?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks,
    Don

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Step 1: Backup (copy) your game with nero (Try to get dvd decrypter though as it does a better job with some games) onto a dvd-r disc.
    Step 2: Insert swap magic dvd version into ps2 and wait for it to say insert disc.
    Step 3: Flip open your lid and insert game.
    Step 4: Close lid and hit x game should start.

3. leslew01

leslew01 Guest

go to seethroughsystems.com and click on the link at bottom of page to help with your installation of your fliptop case. While you are there you can see the new colors available.

4. don99

don99 Guest

Hey Thanks,
    It sounds easy enough..
    I usually use and have a lot of DVD +R discs.
    Would this make a difference?

Also, I'm waiting on my filptop from PS2cover.com.
    I'm not sure where it's comming from, (China), but should I be worried about buying from them?
    I've been real lucky buying off the intetnet so my time for a burn may be coming>>LOL
    Thanks a lot though.
    Don

5. DPB

DPB Member

I'd be a little worried if you plan on getting it anytime soon. If you live in the states anyway. I ordered one from them I think 2 weeks ago. Almost anyway. They haven't even shipped it yet. Heh. It's sad and kind of funny at the same time.

6. don99

don99 Guest

Hey,
    Let me know when yours shows up, OK?
    Thanks