1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is says vs. what it does? Decrypter..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dbw99, Nov 19, 2004.

1. dbw99

dbw99 Member

My burner is a new Sony DRX 700 UL. I usually burn Ritek Ridata DVD+r 4X, but then tried the 8X disc with no faster speed aquired.So I bought taiyo yuden disc, which were reccomended by Sony. These were DVD -R 8X. When I put these in the Decrypter log says that the selected speed is 8X , but the actual write speed is 3.3X.This is slower than when I used 4X disc's. There are exclamation points before this info. However, when the disc is actually burning it says that it is burning at 6X.??Shoul I use Nero to Burn rather than Decrypter. I a like Decrypter alot. Seems easier.
    Thanks for any info
    Don

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

One possibility is that your burner's firmware is out of date which would cause the burner to not realize the full burn speed potential of the 8X media. Try checking Sony's site for a newer firmware.

The burn speed is dictated by the burner, not the software so Decrypter's probably confused by what's going on :)