1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is SP unlock ?

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by AmiNutall, Jul 31, 2012.

1. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Hi guys. I had the unfortunate pleasure of sending my Samsung S5620 phone to my local Samsung recommended service store.
    They have been a nightmare ( but thats for another day).

Basicially they have sent my phone back to me , and its saying "SP lock" and prompting me to enter a code . The last time they sent it back to me it did the same, and then locked as soon as I tried one go at the code.

Can somebody please advise me what this code means, and how I can safely get the code ?

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Hi JST , thanks for the suggestion. That video is just a link to a website that makes you pay for a code. Also , the message he is showing on his phone is 'network lock', which isnt the same message I am getting .
    Does SP lock mean that the phone has somehow been locked to a network provider other than the one Im trying to put in ? I really dont know what these muppets at the service centre for Samsung were doing. It was a total nightmare dealing with them.

4. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

I dont know if this helps, but I can use the phone when I dont have my SIM card in it. (this is the same SIM card I used with this phone for 18 months) .

I then enter a code of *#7465625# it tells me that On = network lock , off=subset lock , on=SPlock , off=cp lock