1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is stack ring ??????

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by rayboy, Jun 14, 2004.

1. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

OK folk,
    I am thinking to get the CD/DVD printer, Epson R200 $99 at Staple, I have some questions about the DVD-R printable.

1. What is stack ring ?
    2. The Epson R200 can print on: silver printable or white printable [bold]NOT[/bold] on white thermal printable ?
    3. What do I gain or loose if I used Stack ring or Non Stack ring DVD ?

Thanks you folk.

2. buzzoon

buzzoon Member

The stack ring is the part that immediately surrounds the centre hole of the disk. I think that if the disk is catalogued as "no stack ring" it means you can print right up to the centre hole. So, if I am correct, a no stack ring disk might give you a little more printable area - not enough to make a big difference IMHO.

I am using a Casio thermal printer to label my DVDs but it is very limited in what it can do. The Epson printer you are looking at looks like it would do a nice job, but if you already have have a colour printer it doesn't make sense to buy another one just to be able to print on DVDs :)

I don't know why the Epson printer won't print on white thermal printable disks. My Casio does not print well on silver top disks or disks with raised lines or labeling (e.g. manufacturer's name). I use Verbatim white top ink-jet printable disks and the results are always good.