1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best addon Video Player for the PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by nhar068, Jul 2, 2007.

1. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Here are 3 I have heard about:

PMP VLC x0.0.0.9Rev2
    PSPlayerMT
    PSP Media Player

Which of these is the best for playing Avi files? Do you need to change the resolution of the file to make it run properly? Have these programs been known to create any instability in the PSP firmware?

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

In my opinion PSPlayerMT is best for viewing movies and such, also no need to convert to MP4. You can play pretty much any kind of video file.

3. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Heya Deez does it play fullscreen? Is the quality as good as the built in player? Why would anyone want to go through the hassles of converting their videos to MP4 when they could play with this player?
    Are there any issues with it? Is the install easy?

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

None of the players will make your firmware unstable, as they dont touch your flash at all..You basically just drop the programs on your memory stick..Here is the link to the PSPlayerMT, along with some more details..

5. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Thanks Deez. Back to the other questions, do they play movies in full screen? Do you have to resize the videos? Are there any advantages to converting videos to MP4 then using the PSP video player?

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yes full screen movies...not necessary to resize the videos..I havent tried converting to MP4 first, that was the whole point of using it, so I didnt have to convert.

only problem with the player is that the controls are screwy, you can basically play pause and zoom to fullscreen...thats about it.

If you are just looking for a converter try pspvideo9, or 3GP converter to use with the built-in player.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Cool, just had to ask because on that link you posted it said it only supports up to 480x272 (full res of the PSP) so I thought I might have to resize all my videos to that res