1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best authoring software to buy?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Deeman, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Deeman

Deeman Guest

I know everybody has their favorite software for creating dvds. I am getting tired of sonic my/dvd for lack of options. I'm ready to expand my horizons. I would like to hear from people who own different ones like nero, roxio, pinnacle, etc. Thanks alot!

2. pcostanza

pcostanza Member

Try Roxio Easy Media Creator 7...lots of other nice stuff in it also. DVD's are easy.
    Nero is ok too but not as easy.

3. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Thanks for the reply, that's one vote for roxio 7.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

I wouldn"t use Nero or Roxio...I wouldn"t use Nero Vision express because it "ALLWAYS" Re-Encodes your source files with it"s Crappy encoder which ruins the quality of your Files even if the Source files are 100% DVD Compliant it will still re-encode the File...

I would only use roxio if you do not use it to Create the Source files because it"s Mpeg encoder is Pretty Bad also compared to others....

I find it is allways better to Use a good Standalone Mpeg encoder like Mainconcept or CCE or Procoder to Create the Files for the DVD and then use a DVD authoring program Like "DVDLab" which is easy to use and has great Menu features and will never re-encode your Video files....
    I also have a Bunch of Good High End DVD Authoring Programs Like "Sonic DVD producer" and "Sonic ReelDVD" and "Ulead DVD Workshop 2" and many more that i like to use for more complex DVD"s but the are To complicated and expensive for most poeple....

Cheers

5. Deeman

Deeman Guest

I'm still trying to figure out how to use dvd lab . Is there a guide for that one? I don't recall seeing one in the guide section. Thanks Minion.

6. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Authoring softwawre? Use DVD Shrink for free or buy Elby's CloneDVD even though it is not truly an authoring software. You can also use IfoEdit or if you want to go old school like me or just for fun use Spruce Up :O)

TmpgEnc also has an authoring software... give those a try. I personally haven't tried any of the others mentioned.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

DVDLab is an awesome DVD authoring program and really easy to use once you understand the Structure of a DVD....
    You simply just drag your audio and Video files to the "Movie 1" Window and then Drag a backround to the "Menu 1" window and then add a link from the Main Menu to the Movie and that is it, you have made a Basic DVD....
    The only DVD authoring program I know that is easier than DVDLab is "Tmpgenc DVD Author" and it is very Limited....

"Spruce Up" is also a Good But old DVD authoring program that is freely available on the Net.....

8. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

I Capture from VHS with PowerVCR 2 (DVD NTSC setting), Author with WinAVI convert, and Burn with Copy2Dvd. The quality is as good or better than the VHS tape being copied.