1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best avi - dvd converter for films with subtitles?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maureens, Jul 24, 2007.

1. maureens

maureens Member

I have tried AVI2dvd and did not get subtitles in my burned DVD, I have tried convertxtodvd and the burned dvd played in my stand alone DVD player (with some trouble) but not my computer, and winavi which does not seem to have an option to add subtitles.

I am interested in making DVD's from avi files of films and tv shows with subtitles. Mot of the subtitles need to be added as seperate files. What is the consensus on the best program(s) to use? (to get a burned DVD that will play in the computer AND a regular DVD player and show the subtitles)

2. attar

attar Senior member

I think that a burned DVD that plays in standalone player but not in the PC that produced it is a rare bird - unless you are using WMP to view the DVD and needs investigating.
    I have used ConvertX2DVD to add subs and think it would be hard to beat - but I burn the compilation (on 'Verbatim' disks at 4x)with ImgBurn or Nero.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

Most likely, those are issues seen when using low quality media and/or burned too fast.

ConvertXtoDVD supports Subtitle files.

Generating a PAL DVD when you need NTSC may also be a problem.