1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best burner in burning ps2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by droffilcz, Jun 4, 2007.

1. droffilcz

droffilcz Member

In burning ps2 games, does it matter what type of burner you are using? if so..what is the best burner for burning ps2 games and media?

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Well most people will say no, all burners should work. Which is true. But some are better than others so here are some tips.

1. Get a good name burner, Like NEC, Pioneer, Samsung or BenQ.
    2. look at all the features, make sure it has good speed, can read and write to all disc formats including dual layer, and if at all possible can booktype media from DVD+R to DVD-Rom. I know the BenQ DW1655 can as that is what i have and it works flawless.
    3. ALWAYS buy and use top quality media like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden for making back ups
    4. DVD DEcrypter is one of the easiest programs to use to back up games.

here is an example of mine so you can match the settings to yours or what you plan to buy.
    http://www.meritline.com/combo-retail-benq-dw1655-16x-and-verbatim-8x-dvd.html
    I am not really sure you can find a DW1655 anymore as it is a few years old.

4. droffilcz

droffilcz Member

thank you very much for the info. :)