1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best chip for my ps2 v5 and v6?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Darksuite, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Darksuite

Darksuite Member

Hi:

I just want to know what is the best chip for my ps2 v5 and v6, i hear rumors that the chips fusks the ps2's optical laser, please tell me everything about this.

Thanks.

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

It makes you laser work a little harder yes, but you have a newer version system and do not have to worry about it. It is mainly bad for a V1-3 systems. The best chip is up to you. Get the chip that does what you want it to do. The messiah 2 and the DMS3 are of course the latest and greatest but the magic 3.1 is functional as well. Do some research and make your own decision.

3. benv

benv Guest

I have a V5 or 6 ps2 and I installed a magic 3.1 without the clip and it runs great. It all really depends on how much money you want to spend I guess. The messiah 2 pro sounds great, but I didn't want to spend that much money to play my backups, so the 3.1 was the way to go for me. Do like I did and search the board for posts regarding the different chips and see what sounds best.

4. retslig

retslig Member

Get the pnp no solder mod with swap magic it is worth every penny!

5. Docta

Docta Member

Hey L-Dubb... I have a v3 ps2 and i'm thinking of buying a Messiah 2 but i never knew that it could screw up my ps2.

Can u please give me some more details about this problem