1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best chip?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by aaron2004, Nov 20, 2004.

1. aaron2004

aaron2004 Guest

Hi i was just wondering what the best chip was...I would like a chip that i could play my games on ps2 and still use codebreaker without a problem. Please let me know what you think..:D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2004
  2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

3. aaron2004

aaron2004 Guest

Well see..I have a flip top mod chip and it is not booting any of my backup games, it will either boot it and skip, or not boot it at all....so, do you have to do anything special with the dvd's on your computer, like write them at the slowest speed and all that crap or doesn't it matter with this mod? I want something that will actually work for me, not this garbage.

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I burn them with Alcohol 120% at 4x. The DVDR's I use are Datawrite Classic 4x DVD+R. I haven't had one disc fail to boot yet.

5. aaron2004

aaron2004 Guest

Well..I am really not sure what to do..I am not experienced with soldering that much...So that is the first brand you bought? I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my mod chip that i have now...I dont want to spend 50 dollars on something im not sure it will allow my laser to read the discs that i burn. Maybe it is a mistake I am making...Maybe DVD Decrypter is not the best...