1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best compressor currently out there?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by theParody, Jun 12, 2011.

1. theParody

theParody Member

Im looking to upgrade from my current compression software of IMToo DVD Ripper v4. Im not looking for anything too fancy, just so long as it can give me a good quality copy of my DVDs to store in my virtual library.

Im not too worried about audio quality. Just so long as the software is capable of keeping the audio synced with the video on ALL DVDs Ill be happy with that.

However, ever since I started watching a lot of HDTV, the video quality of my IMToo copies has started to irritate me. With an AVI movie thats about a gigabyte large, I can count the boxes on the screen, and thats just not right. Ive downloaded smaller files with much more impressive video, so Id like to know what software will be the most capable of giving me quality copies like the ones Ive downloaded.

2. brendankehoe

brendankehoe Member

h264 is one of the best compressors out at the moment. It is very popular. Handbrake is software that will allow you to transcode from dvd format to h264 format.