1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best DVD Media to burn PS2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Robj314, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Robj314

Robj314 Member

hey wassup you guys, this post of for help purpose, just wanted to know what DVD medias are the best for PS2 games and which has problems! I just ask cause, some games i have are losing sync with voice and game, freezing, and loading times. This list s what works and what i used, if you burned any games sucessfully that i have problems with, please write down media, software used and what speed. Thanx.

heres what i have so far

DVD Media

TDK DVD+R
    burned at 2.4x lowest speed possible
    programs used DVDecypter to read, Alcohol 120% tp burn
    works well on Prince of Persia, Vexx, Rachet and Clank 2, The Getaway, Tony Hawk Underground,
    Spiderman 2(but musics mess up a little, and voice stutters a little, but the in game never freezes), Silent Hill, Night Fire 007
    DOES not work well on::
    Fight night: very slow loading
    James Bond Everything or nothing: works well till the 4 level, then movie slow down and freeze on loading screen.

I will try next is Madden 2005, the Sims, Spongebob:battle for bikini problem, Dark Alliance, Ghost Hunter

2. Robj314

Robj314 Member

Also one other thing, do you think Ritek DVD+R media is good, i heard it can burn 1x speed

3. integratr

integratr Member

ive only used ritek. 12+ games havent had any problems yet.

4. Robj314

Robj314 Member

what software used , what games, and is it ritek DVD+r, if so what speed,thanx