1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best DVD-R media for the panasonic E30?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by shawman, Jan 20, 2003.

1. shawman

shawman Member

What is the best blank DVD-R media for the panasonic E30?

2. okcnhra

okcnhra Member

Well, here's what I know. Bought an E30 to transfer VHS/8mm to DVD. Have been through about 100 DVD's so far:

**Ritek Purple from Meritline (about 1 out of every 3 would "abort" during the burn and then you would go through a "recovery" of that DVD and it would be fine..strange behavior but have seen that reported elsewhere also).

**Samsung Beall from Meritline (have had good luck with them and no "recovery" type problems at all -- however, about 1 out of 5 ends with an error message of "Finalization is failed". However, the DVD shows as a DVD-video disk and seems to play fine.....even in a PS2 machine...go figure

**Maxell's --- most expensive DVD I've tried--and, of course, no problems at all...no "recovery" and every disc finalized every time....

Still searching on my side as I want to "duplicate" these DVD's into a second set eventually and the cost is definitely a factor....

Hope this helps.......