1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best dvd+r media to use for ps2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by teman03, Feb 21, 2004.

1. teman03

teman03 Member

I have tried optodisk they work great, i have tried tdk the are trash i have tried maxell they are better than the tdk but still is jettery and doesnt work well.I am trying to find a media that i can purchase at any time from any regular store for those spare of the moment backups.

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]TDK are trash!? TDK works great for me. in my opinions Verbatim are the best media you can buy at regular stores but their pretty expensive.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

man you dont see class even if it hit you in the face... whats next ritek is crap aswell?

vibratim
    TDK
    ritek
    pioneer

and thats all you can get... the rest is crap while maxel is crap and they peal in the end... as for optodisk they even more crap then maxel.. the most crap dvdr is probably memorex 4x... and princo...

if you look at the facts of TDK and ritek 90% of the users who use ritek and tdk it works for them... and thats including me..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]good bye Gigabyte... you will be remmbered... they will pay for this!!!..[/small]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  4. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]i agree with what you said with other brands beside memorex. maybe it doesnt work good for you but it works great for me.

5. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

also fujifilm and sonys work great

6. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

yes some one besides me who says memorex works great!!! lol , i also use TDK and they work great...never had a bad burn with any game besides manhunt cuz it was burnt too fast(it skipped)

7. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I no longer use Memorex for PS2 backups. I had several audio problems on Memorex brand dvd-r's and +r's. Never had these problems with other brands, even the 20 cent princo dvd-r's I have burned work flawlessly.

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i burn few games with memorex and they didnt work at all no matter what speed... i just dont get it... its probably my burner... it burn good on rest of them just not on memorex...

9. teman03

teman03 Member

all you that are using tdk are you using the - or the + I am using the + and i wasted 5 disk yes that is correct 5. well I started to use fugifilm and they work real good. what type of burners are you using I am using hp300i for my backups. All of this makes a difference in backing up games.

10. cac

cac Regular member

i use maxell dvd +r and i NEVER had a prob KNOCK ON WOOD LOL ty
    cac

11. Demetri

Demetri Member

hey can anybody help me out there I have a tdk drive that does not support dvd-r but does support dvd+r. what brand media does anybody recommend out there.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Demetri[/small]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  12. PrIsOnSeX

PrIsOnSeX Member

PS2's are picky about what you slap in them, what works for someone might not work for someone else. Verbatim Data-Life Plus and Ritek disc's are sold in -r or +r formats and are the most forgiving do to the special dye they use which also puts less strain on your PS2's laser. The Verbatim disks are pretty expensive and Ritek can be found for $.80 or less apiece and since Verbatim buys there dye from Ritek, I would have to recommend Ritek as the #1 disk to use for backing up "YOUR" (ahem) games! Yeah sure technically you can use just about anything that your PS2 will accept, but why not extend your lasers life?

13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well just for the fun of it... i tested the theory about + not burning... so i toke mine a05... and a06... and burn manhunt... on TDK multi speed dvd-r and dvd+r....

on the dvd-r i used 2x... and it was done in 30 mins or so...

on the dvd+r i used the a06... and i used the 2.4x wich toke less then 30mins...

both games work no skip... the burn was fine and it was a TDK dvd+r... so how come it dont work for you?..

btw both of the burners use hacked firmware... and i used 120% to backup...

14. teman03

teman03 Member

I dont know what happen when I tried TDK +r media I tride it over and over again and I burned at 1x I am using decrypter and I use recordnow to make my copies on a hp 300i burner. I have recently use fugifilm it worked good. I have not use ritek yet but I am going to get some and see how it worksout for me.

15. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

ritek should work fine.. it's imposible that it wont work for you thats for sure... btw dont say TDK is crap n all that alright?... people just might not like it.... i mean would you like it if i tell you your burner is crap that dont do s**t?.... hope you understand me on this matter.. im not trying to be mean or anything... im just saying..

16. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

what do u mean the dye in the dvd's??
    do u are saything that the memorex dvd's i use are bad for my ps2 laser?

17. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Memorex worked great for me. I use verbatim now and it is excellent. Only switched cause i found a good deal on verbatim a while ago.