1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best for the money for HD TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chewbkka, Jun 5, 2007.

1. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

I have a few extra bucks and was thinking about buying a HD Tv. I know the laws will change in 2008 but what is the best HD TV that is my price range. I am looking for a 27-32in HD for under 500 bucks. I know that I can't buy a 1080i but will 720i do. I need some guidance or help.
    Thxs

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

You are gonna love me for telling you that i found a 42" HDTV at the amazing price of $199. This is a totally worth it buy on eBay
    Get it while it lasts!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  3. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

I would say westinghouse is the most affordable, but you get what your paying for, a cheap HD-TV. I would wait, if i were you. I have never liked even the midrange HDTVs.

Oh and there is no 720i, only 720p. Look at native resolution (Actual pixel count) contrast ratio, response time, etc. Dont be fooled by the supported modes. Just becasue a TV supportsd 1080i/p, doesnt mean it actually shows 1080i/p.

Do research before jumping into the cloudy world of HDTVs, you will be much happier with your purchase.

4. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

I was talking to my verizon guy and he told me to keep an eye for sony's, samsung and Olevia for good hd tv's but there is so much to decide on which but when is the price going down, which is a good tv. thanks for the help, any suggestions for tv would help