1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best free tool to convert a DVDrip

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by JMT74, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JMT74

JMT74 Member

I just bought a DVD burner that has Nero. The Nero software seems very limited. I have this movie that has an extention that needs to be encoded in order to burn it to a DVD. What is the best free software to do this with?I tried DVD Flick. It takes forever so I aborted.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

DVD flick is free, so is patience. SO Patience. Think of patience as a gift from the almighty.

3. JMT74

JMT74 Member

Ok. Then what is the best quickest DVD burning software out there? Free or Paid I don't care.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

if your talking just flat out burning a dvd(backingup) in my opinion clonedvd2 is awsome.its a pay program(works great with anydvd) both from slysoft.com

now if your talking converting xvid to dvd then a program called convertXtodvd is awsome but it is a little slow itself too...

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- I Guess you gave up on getting Regulated ? Yeah it can be tough finding the Right laxative LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Ironic though You put The Big Ten in your Sig ? I just backed up the move The Ten ! Though I don't think it has anything to do with sports !!!!!!!!! Anyway I agree with the Anydvd/Clone DVD2 combo Heads up If your backing up Mr.Woodcock the Beta of anydvd version 6.3.0.9 along with cloneDvd2 will do it ! Though I can't take credit for being first to find that out ! I was having problems with that one and found the Mojo on post about it by Binkie 7 & several others and to their credit it works ! Good luck & happy burning buddy ! Ps#1 What ever happened to the Greensman ????

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@bigtoxy
    our green friend is still here...lol he is spending time in the PC building thread.he i sin the middle of a build of his own...check out the dumpster dive thread....

7. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

Sometimes proggies cannot dictate speed of process, but high speed core 2 duo (Intel) and fast FSB with 4Gigs of Ram can do wonders. But that means a new pc. That is the issue, speed correct?

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Convertxtodvd takes on average 20mins for me, i've not yet timed DVD Flick; i'm using a Quad Core Q6600.

9. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

@Creaky, I'm jealous, but u have to contend with Vista, as I have good ol' Xp. HaHa

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Blasphemy; i don't and won't let Vista anywhere near any of my machines :p

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i guess its to much for my little celeron D...lol
    take me about 45min to ahour t ouse convertX adn i cant do anything else with the puter as it use's up all the CPU

so i guess if ya have 3 other cores to use you got it made...lol

12. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

At the highest quality settings DVD Flick takes an hour or slightly under to convert, author and burn most full-length feature films to DVD. (My specs are below). Occasionally it may go a tad over, but 1 hour is more or less the standard for most programs with average specs.