1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best softmod for the 360???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xxlazyj, Feb 24, 2007.

1. xxlazyj

xxlazyj Member

my little brother asked me if i could mod his 360, and i have heard there are a few ways to do it, i have done a little searching, and will stil do more, but if anyone knows what they are doing. it would be nice if tey could help me out.

I am good with computers, but im not an xbox person, so any help is good help.

all he really wants to do is back up some of his games and play the backups and put the originals up to save.

He is to young to want to play older gaves off other older systems, so i dont need to know how to emulate other systems.

What do i need to download to my computer
    how do i install it to his 360?
    will i need some kind of boot disk??
    >>>>> if so will he need it every time he boots a back up??
    >>>>>>>> I would like to install a soft mod that dose not need a boot disk

and to back up his games, what program do i need??
    >>> I have Alcohol 120%, dvdshrink, dvd decripter, anydvd w/ clonedvd2, and nero6

I have a mod chip in my ps2, and use alcohol 120% to backup my ps2 games, but i dont know if it does xbox and xbox 360 games..

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well when we get a soft mod we will get back with you, research first use this as a last resort, there is no "softmod" per say but you can flash the firmware, for which there are tons of tuts right here on afterdawn, the only emulation i have heard of is the snes emu that they had running via the streaming music stuff, just check around for what you need