1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best speed to burn 16x Media on???

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dipset121, Jan 15, 2007.

1. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

What is the best speed to burn 16x Media on??? I currently am burning it on 6x but was wondering if I would still get top notch results at a higher speed!|!!|

2. pahick

pahick Member

If you bought them Sony's try 16x. Thats all I burn at anymore. I tried every speed setting, even 18X on my Liteon. Ive noticed no difference in scans from 4x-16x. Give it a try.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Depends on:
    Your burner/media quality/and stand alone player/s.

Usually the stand alone players will tell you how fast to burn,or you'll get a bad playback-Pixellation,freezing,skipping,jumping.

Good quality burner,high quality 16x media- 8x and 12x should be no problem.Watch out for slow burning with quality verbatim 16x media.Those were designed to be burned faster.

Good quality burner,low quality 16x media- 4x

I keep it at 8x with verbatim,ty,maxell hitachi.
    4x with sony,ritek,ricohs

4. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

I have a lite-on shw-1635s on this pc. I am using sony 16x dvd+r's.

5. pahick

pahick Member

By all means then try one at 16x. At first I was using my NEC to burn, but have since have gone to the LiteOn LH-18A1P. As said earlier I have yet to get a bad burn at 16x. Of coarse I agree with saugmon in that you should let your stand alone player dictate what is acceptible. Im just stating my own experiences and if there were any problems im sure I would see it since im using DVD Rebuilder and upconverting to 1080 on my plasma. Good luck in whatever you choose.