1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the BEST way to copy a DVD with EVERYTHING?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dragon61, Jun 24, 2003.

1. dragon61

dragon61 Guest

I am new, and I'm just wondering what is the best way to copy a DVD with everything, like subtitles, extras, audio, etc. And which way will work on all DVD players.

Thanks

2. anosis

anosis Guest

dragon61,

There is hundreds of giudes out there...

First question is always what the original DVD format is? DVD-9 or also called dual layer DVD, or DVD-5 the original single layer DVD.

Easy first: DVD-5 is basically the same size your DVD-R will be. You need to decrypt the movie form the original DVD to HD and then burn it. Do yourself the favor and keep reading how-to's since it gives you the advantage that you actually need to learn how to do it, rather than just go by a step by step procedure without even knowing what you do.

DVD-9 on the other hand could hold twice the amount of movie data then an DVD-5 movie. This means you either have to sacrifice quality or get rid of some or all of the extras. The first step is still the same, where you decrypt the movie files, but then you need to use specific software to shrink/re-author the copy on the HD to a new size that will fit a DVD-R. last but not least you would have to burn the movie files to DVD-r.

3. dragon61

dragon61 Guest

Thanks for the explanation, I have one more question to ask. For the DVD9 movies, how much quality will be lost is i don't get rid of stuff?

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

For DVD5 (single layer) you can just use DVDdecrypter in ISO mode...make an image on the harddrive and burn it directly back to a blank disc.
    For DVD9, I use DVDdecrypter in IFO mode, then use DVD2one to compress the movie onto one disc (movie only mode). I then birn with CopytoDVD.
    DVD2one gives VERY impressive results..even long movies like Minority Report end up lookign sharp.
    Good luck...