1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to go?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by tcollins, Aug 28, 2004.

1. tcollins

tcollins Member

I have been using Kazzaa for quite a while. I just recently formatted my hard drive and re-installed everything (was having some problems). Haven't re-installed Kazzaa yet, and not going to. What is the best way and programs now for file sharing. And can you be still be tracked with them. I have been reading about BitTorrents,Ares,Kazzaa Lite. I just have never heard of Torrents. I understand that the program attaches to the Browser. The files are downloaded as .torrent. How do you extract the actual file, or does your browser do it as you download? Just looking for the best program.

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Your browser does it as you download. The .torrent file just tell BitTorrent where to get the file. BitTorrent is by far the best file sharing program and is way better than Kazaa. It's faster than Kazaa and there are far less corrupted files.

3. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

excuse me, but your browser doesent download the torrents information, the torrent program does.

4. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I know that, I was just using the same language you were using in your first question to keep it simple and since BitTorrent is a plugin it can seem like the browser is downloading the torrents information. Despite all this the answer is still that BitTorrent is the best file sharing application and that you yourself don't have to extract the file after it's done.

5. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Dude - i dident ask the question

and no its not a plugin - bittorrent is a seperate program.

although it is arguable that bittorrent is the best - it is good at the very least

6. tcollins

tcollins Member

Ok, so in other peoples opinion, which program is the best? I am currently using Bit Tornado.
    Also, what are some really good sights to find files. The only one that I have found that is really any good is suprnova.org/. Are there any other ones that are good? And what about Warez? I see that they have their own client now. Are they worth looking at?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  7. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Damn Dude - ive just made a post about this - search
    -LoNeR- in correspondence with Torrent

and its G3 Torrent