1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Cheapest Slot 2 device I can get?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by prepster6, Apr 3, 2007.

1. prepster6

prepster6 Member

I currently have a 512mb ds-x (slot 1) that only plays DS games. I have seen that the M3 simply is only $45 (for ds games) , while the M3 lite perfect (for gba games) is $75. Why the price raise?
    Does anybody know where I can get a GBA rom player for the slot 2 of my DSL with great compatibility and a low price? Peferably around $45 or lower?

Im confused as to why the m3 simply is $30 cheaper than the m3 life perfect. Doesnt make sense to me. Please help.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The M3 Lite Perfect is more expensive as it has 32MB of SRAM in it, amognst other hardware the Simply dosn't have, which is needed to play GBA games.

Though the M3 Lite is probably not the cheapest, it is definetly the best, plus you can probably use it in conjunction with your DS-X to use a patched Nintendo DS Browser (internet browser).

Just be sure not to buy the 'Pro' version as this lacks exactly what your after, GBA support.

3. prepster6

prepster6 Member

M3 lite perfect is the best, how? It has the most compatiblity? I heard from somewhere that a SuperCard was a good card to get for GBA.

I already spent 109 on a ds-x... i wish i would have gotten an M3 simply instead... but its too late for that. I am looking for a GBA slot 2 device around the 45 dollar mark. Can anyone help?

What is the m3 Pro version for then? music videos only?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I never recommend Supercard as I have never had anything but problems with them, especially when it comes to GBA support.

The M3 Pro lacks the 32MB of SRAM required to load any GBA file over 4MB big (most of them) it can still play most DS games though. Also as it lacks the 32MB SRAM it wouldn't work with the DS Browser.

There is a new device out from EZFlash which is GBA Cart/Rumble Pak/RAM Cart all in 1, however it relies on the Slot-1 device to load the GBA games, so I do not know if it is compatible with the DS-X. (I do know it works with the EZFlash V natively, the R4DS using a kernel update, and the M3DS Simply via a homebrew application)

5. prepster6

prepster6 Member

Whats the lowest price I can get a M3 lite pefect for?

Aren't there others that support all gba games? Its not that I dont like M3, im just low on money , since i spent 109 on ds-x..

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There are plenty of devices available, however I havn't got any experience with them so cannot comment on compatibilty or speed etc.

As for a cheap M3, your best option is to look around, my M3 guides have a list of online shops which sell them.

7. prepster6

prepster6 Member

8. ikeamarch

ikeamarch Member

[removed]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ikeamarch,

This isn't ebay. If you'd read the forum rules you'd have known that.

10. prepster6

prepster6 Member

He wanted to buy my ds-x or something?

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No, he was trying to sell stuff.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007