1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between a computer LCD screen and a TV LCD?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DPUMA8, Feb 25, 2007.

1. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

I am a little confused here about LCD screens. I have been looking for a cheap 32" LCD for our bedroom for a little bit of TV and some movies. So I went to a website for some deals and there is this
    http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=7292659

It is under the Television section but then I read this, "... long-lasting quality and value in a full line of LCD TV's and Displays."

What is throwing me off is that the quote mentions LCD TV's and displays. The description says it is a display.

Does this mean that it is for a computer? Because I really just want it to hook up a DVD player to.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

A TV should have a tuner included inside the enclosure itself. A display is just that, a display...you will need an external box to feed the signal to it.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Office depot has CHEAP 32" olevias TVs with tuners for around $550 on sale now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  4. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

Too late for any other TVs. This one was $399 shipped and no tax. Can I hook up DirecTV to the television or do I still need extras to watch TV?