1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference in the Ritek brands.

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by scuuder3, Mar 13, 2005.

1. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

I see some threads that say Ritek is good, and some that say they are bad. I also see Ritek then Ritek GO2 and GO1. I don't understand, are they all ritek or not?

Also, i am using a few offic depot discs that I have left over. they are honeslty the only discs that have worked 100% of the time for me. The manfacturer according to DVD Identifier is Ritek GO4.

If anyone could explain that would be great!
    Thanks

2. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

could anyone please take a moment and explain.

thanks

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

G04 is the best. G01 and G02 are poor quality.

4. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I've never heard of G01 & G02. Must be some really old stuff! G03 (if you can find any) is 2x speed media. I was given some Imation DVD-R's several months ago that were G03's I wonder if Imation is still G03 or are they G04 now? Something else maybe? Hopefully not CMC!!!

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

From my experience, Ritek branded Ridata with arrow logo work very well. The best ones are the Ridata 4X DVD+R with manufacturer i.d. ricohjpn, the same i.d. used by several manufacturers including TDK, Sony, and Fuji. These will even burn at 8X without a problem, and the PI/PO test results for me came back even better than the more expensive Verbatim. The Ridata 8X have manufacturer i.d. R03. Even though they burn well too, they will not burn above the 8X rated speed. Some people reported problems with the R03 and R04 awhile ago - some were because of the uneven dye, others because of a firmware issue.

6. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

I just started a new 50 pack of Ritek Ridata G05 -r from meritline.com. These are pure crap. I've never had this problem before with them. Some discs have major dye smudges which cause problems while burning and others just won't burn correctly. 1 our of every 3 is a coaster. First time this has ever happened to me. I guess I got one of those " bad batches "

7. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Doom, are these Ritek branded with the Ridata logo? First of all, I don't trust Meritline - only Newegg and Supermedia for me. There are so many fakes and lower quality discs out there. With the unbranded discs, who knows what grade they are or even if they were picked out of the garbage from Ritek's manufacturing plants.

8. spyman

spyman Regular member

Alright let me shed some light. The Ritek G04 Dye is pretty good, I am a ps2 & xbox console modder, and these discs from my yrs experiences are very good. The only discs better are taiyo yudens.

Ritek stopped manufacturing the G04 from my knowledge, but some places still have them in stock.

The Ridata brand is Ritek as well, but they use G05 Dye which is far worse than G04.

G02 I heard was ok, and G03 was pure junk.

So if you are going to go ritek, get g04 or go Taiyo Yuden :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  9. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

10. spyman

spyman Regular member

Also note ritek g04 is 4x dvd-r media :)

The pi/po on the ridata isn't so great. I don't have the media with me anymore to make a new graph of the pi/po.