1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the easiest way to burn avi files so they're playable in a dvd player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Syphina, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Syphina

Syphina Member

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone could explain an easy step by step process on how to convert avi files so that they can be playable in a dvd player or xbox 360. We want to burn a show that is 21 gb in total, so we can't just transfer it to an xbox hard drive because its larger than the drive, so we want to burn the episodes to dvds and be able to play them on the tv through the player or xbox 360.

the supported format for playing videos on xbox 360 is .wmv, however im lead to believe it can play dvds (like if you rent a dvd you can pop it into the xbox 360 and it'll play, but if you play videos from the hard drive it can only be .wmv format)

we dont know anything about burning, so if you do offer any advice keep it simple, we're at wits end trying to figure this out, and already we've burned 2 coasters, and we have to reformat one computer due to a misleading video codec/converter program. (any advice on reliable converter programs would be helpful)

I do see a guide on this site (avi2dvd) would I need to follow those steps to do what I want?

thanks

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey ripper, hows it goin?

Check my shoutbox ripper, i replied to you mate....

Syphina, maybe NeroVision would do the exact thing you wanted. tehe.

4. Syphina

Syphina Member

lol thank you very much ripper, I do believe this will solve the problem, we just bought nero 7 ultra edition enhanced and I think that has nero vision 4 in it as well. The guy in the guide is even burning the same show as us. hehe. Thanks again!

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

6. Syphina

Syphina Member

thank you for the suggestion borhan9, however we've tried that program... and you need to pay for it, it looks nice however if you only download the trial version it leaves a watermark image on the video.