1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the fastest/safest way to mod my hitachi drive xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IM1, Jun 25, 2007.

1. IM1

IM1 Regular member

i new to the whole xbox 360 moding scene, iv been reading up about how to mod xbox 360's and noticed theres a lot of ways to flash the drive etc.
    i have a hitachi drive 360 and wanted to know what is the safest and quickest way to mod this so i can play backups.
    i read on a couple of sites that on hitachi drives you can use this sata kit or something which is surposed to be easier. can someone explain this in full?
    also is xbox 360 like psp where theres a chance when flashing it could get bricked?
    what precautions should i take when modding the xbox 360?
    as you can see i got a lot of questions as i am raring to play my xbox backups :)
    thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  2. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

ur going to need to open up the box in order to determin what ver the hitachi is, there is one thats unflashable atm, but hopefully u didnt get it. once u figure that out we can help u more. also theres alot of helpful tuts on xboxscence.com incase u dont kno how to open the case, or check you version number.

3. IM1

IM1 Regular member

once i open the xbox 360 what do i look at to see which dvd-rom model i got?

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

on the dvd drive label you will see somewhere 'rom version 0047d' or what ever version it is.

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

cheapest way, buy a "VIA 6421 PCI SATA" card from ebay or newegg. only about 15 bucks, once you get that download a tut and firmware toolbox 3.1b, and SLAX 2.1 and your all set to flash