1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the general opinion of PRODISK media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by slaphappy, Mar 4, 2005.

1. slaphappy

slaphappy Member

ive been using them without any coasters yet but i am curious what others are experiencing

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It may depend on which prodiscs you are using:

Here are some of the prodisc mfg codes: r02/r03/r04/g02/s03/s04

They are usually pretty good media. I have not run into them yet.

As long as they burn great, and your stand alone players play them great,then you are ok. Stick with them.

Here is a free version of dvdinfopro that you can download, it can check for your mfg code to see which ones you have and has a scan test to check for errors on those backups.It's A very handy program: http://www.dvdinfopro.com

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

ProdiscS03, (Memorex DVD-R 4X,) burned fine in my OptoRite DD0203 Burner but not in my Asus DRW 1604P.

Also the burned media didn't play in my Wife's Laptop, one of my DVD-Rom Drives and on an 8" Portable DVD Player.

4. Paladore

Paladore Member

The prodisc silver 8x printables -r are excellent. I have great success with those and dont have any complaints. Well the only complaint is dont get the disc wet at all, even one drop of water washes the ink off, but thats not too hard :)

5. chas0039

chas0039 Member

There have been a large number of problems posted related to their printable -Rs. The biggest problem is the large number of media codes sold as Prodisc. At last count you could get any of 8 different codes for their media. S03s are very good as are MCC, but others have been problems. I would avoid them as Verbatim and TY are now so cheap.

6. djtet

djtet Member

I bought some ProDisc DVD-R injet printable discs from SupermediaStore. The results: a total disaster.
    Other posts indicate these are sometimes OK, depending on the actual source. Well the ones I got are unreliable on playback past about 2GB capacity. Just horrible,. Stay away.

7. Paladore

Paladore Member

well the silver inkjet printables have always been good for me..myself and friends have printed about 200 of these at least and no complaints at all.

8. chas0039

chas0039 Member

That's Prodisc for you. Sometimes they are great (S03, MCC) and sometimes they are trouble (S04, F01) and sometimes they come apart in your drive (Canadian white printable). Some of the best I own are older S03s. For the last few months they are just not worth the risk but they still ship MCC once in a while so some people do well.

9. jbelder

jbelder Member

Best media around in my opinion I've burned thousands of them and they all have been flawless. PI/PO test all my burns with killer results. Stick to the S03 dye is the best. I've been using this media for years now for PS2 and movie backups.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005