1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the picture quality when converting a xvid to DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by pmaknelho, Feb 22, 2007.

1. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

I have a 100" projection with HD upconverter DVD player and watched a friends VCD and it was awful on the big screen, but looked normal on regular TV. If it will look like a regular DVD what the best converter on usenet? Thank you

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

I think you already say the answer. Convert them to DVD and not VCD or SVCD format.
    Thats all...

3. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

thanks. I guess I'm just confused on how a small file like 1GB can be converted to 4 GB and improve the quality. Because my when my DVD upconverts its good, but not as good as true HD. Does different conversion software produce different quality? or do they all do the same thing?

4. tailschao

tailschao Regular member

If you're trying to pack loads onto a DVD5 (3.5 - 4 hours) then you'd most likely get better results with Cinema Craft Encoder (CCE) than if you used something like ConvertXtoDVD. But if you're putting sane ammounts onto the disc (2 - 2.5 hours) it doesn't have much impact. Either way, the conversion will never look as good as the DVD would, it will only be as good as the XviD/DivX.

5. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

Will my LG upconverter DVD player play a xvid at a "HD" image?