1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the point in playing backed up games from memory?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by chupa31, May 30, 2007.

1. chupa31

chupa31 Member

Lets just say that someone I know who is not me can download roms of games and play them from a memory stick, however it occurs to swim that the cheapest memory stick is around 1gig and its almost $30 that is the cost of a single game which is about all that the stick can hold (although quite a few are over a gig). So my question is why would swim buy the memory chips to play their games when they can spend just as much to buy the games? Or is there a much better deal out there?

To the mods Im sorry if this is inappropriate feel free to delete if necessary.

Thanks.

2. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

Memory stick are cheaper online i purchased a 4 gig for about 40 dolloars and yes it is real and yes it is magicgate supported
    there might be better deal now becouse i made that purchase some time ago... O 1 more thing i dont condone pirating if you like the game
    buy it or you might find micro$oft puchasing the only rpg company that dared to release an exelent rpg on psp. game makers steer clear
    of consoles with the most pirating and that just happens to be the psp as of current pirating charts..... however if it is games that are on anciant consoles yes games like super mario 1 2 3. it dosnt matter as much...piracy is still bad

3. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

i could fit about 5 iso files on that

4. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

the point is that you can empty the mem card and put something else on it, wile keeping the images on your PC so that you can copy it back if you want to use it again later on.

5. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

exactly thats what i do...

6. wreithy

wreithy Member

you can also backup games and then 'rip' features from them, such as unwanted languages and th update -

i have 7 games and one movie on my mem stick atm

and to prove the point, once i ripped the radio and movies from LCS, and made to 278mb. lol.

7. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

You can also shrink ISOs to CSOs to shave off some space. I have recently bought an adapter that allows you to use 2 SD cards instead of a MS. SD Cards are less expesive than MS. Not to mention Homebrew & Emulation. I am flying back to Chicago in about 1 month and my 4 gig PSP will contain: a movie, Music, a couple of pics, A couple PSP games, a couple PSX games, a couple N64 games, and a couple GBA games. Now that's what I call power&portability! Thanks goes out to the PSP modd scene for making this happen.

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

good init wot would we do without dark alex i love him literraly

9. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

Using the memory stick to play games also has faster loading times and uses less battery.

10. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

especialy with 333mhz on recovery

11. chupa31

chupa31 Member

Wow! All great tips and tricks! Thanks! I will pass it along to SWIM. Swim has noticed that the load times are much, much better.

algtz1,

Where did you get the adapter? Where is the best place to buy memory? Thanks.

12. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

The device is called: DOUBLE EXPAND MEMORY CONVERTER FOR PSP. You may want to google it because we are not allowed to post links. You can get it from several places online. I bought mine from mod-chip.

13. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

you are its not ilegal im sure because ive done that before on direct links to illegal things but u can put the site were u got it from though

14. chupa31

chupa31 Member

Does having the thing stick out the back like that make it awkward to hold the psp? Is it hard to play for extended periods of time?

thanks?

15. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

probably not i was going to buy one but i dont play psp much now i just know $H!t loads about them

16. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Its also more convenient to carry around a tiny chip with 5 games than 5 umds. They cant get scratched either.

17. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I haven't used it yet. I'm getting my 2 SD cards tomorrow after work. I'll let you know how it feels after I mess with it this weekend. I know that the adapter comes out of the MS slot and wraps around the left side of the PSP and connects to the back 2 holes. So one side of the PSP will be thicker than the other but I don't know how that will affect game play.