1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the quickest AVI to DVD Converter

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lilzee, Jan 2, 2005.

1. lilzee

lilzee Member

Hi
    I have various AVI files and i would like to convert them to A DVD file as quick as possible to be placed on a DVD disc. What is the best software allowing me to do this. All suggestions would be appreciated
    Thnx

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

My personal suggestion is to AVOID doing a DVD from a small (700-900 MB) AVI. The quality won't be greater than a standard VCD (1 VOB = 4.5 GB; AVI << VOB; do you expect a DVD-like quality from your work? Garbage in = garbage out).
    But you can read the guides present in this site http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ . Do to the DVD-R part and choose the one you prefere.

3. ANTH040

ANTH040 Member

But it will be better than one vcd. I think nero vision express is pretty qick not to good on quailty though.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  4. stardust

stardust Regular member

>AVOID doing a DVD from a small (700-900 MB) AVI. The >quality won't be greater than a standard VCD

Do you think so? Lets take one of my 700MB DivX movie with 720x576 reso, 1657 kbps. Its quality is FAR better than any VCD, the difference is very clear. It's worth to make DVD anytime from files like that.