1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is this for

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Longfish, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Longfish

Longfish Member

msipl.bin i wanted to know what is this for because im using the universal unbricker+ MS Multi IPL loader and when i copy the msipl.bin i get an error when i go back to the xmb it says that the memory card canot eb read i need help here what i can do?

2. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

u need to write the msipl to the memory stick.
    once u run the installer and get msipl on the root of memory stick. copy it to msinst folder in the pc.now open command prompt and drag the msinst.exe to it now press space and write ur removable disk letter for example my is F so i write F. Now again press space and drag the msipl.exe to the command prompt and press enter. u will be asked whether yes or no Y for yes N for no so u press Y and press enter.
    u will get at the end written MS BOOT CODE.
    congratulation u have a magic memory stick ready now.and u wont get the black screen when u insert it in psp with pandora battery.

3. pwr0n

pwr0n Regular member

your ms shows as corrupted because you didn't format it properly.

try this:

REQUIREMENTS: FAT PSP with 3.XX custom firmware or PSP SLIM with 3.XX custom firmware (Convert the SLIM battery to a Pandora Battery at your own risk).

(If you are running a Custom XMB or PTF theme on your CFW PSP it is recommended to replace your backup flash0 or select original Theme in Theme settings to avoid a semi-brick after the unbricking or upgrading is done).

Follow the steps below to create the Universal Unbricker/Upgraderā€¦

1) Insert memory Stick and format via System Settings (Recommend any above 64MB and below 1GB).

2) Connect PSP to PC via USB (Or place Memory Stick in card reader).

3) Extract the downloaded file. Then drag all the files/folders inside the UniversalFiles folder to the root of the Memory Stick (The ROOT is the main directory of the PSP Memory Stick. It has the ISO/MP_ROOT/PSP/ETC.ETC. folders there)

If it asks to overwrite choose "YES TO ALL"

4) Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run Pandora Installer for 3.XX (by HELLCAT).

5) Select "Press R+X To Repartition and Format!"

6) Repeat stage 3 and run Pandora Installer for 3.XX (by HELLCAT) again.

7) At the Installer Menu press "X to install 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick"

You will get the folowing...

Reading and checking ms0:/UPDATE.PBP
    Installing firmware to memorystick
    Hang on, this will take a while, (this doesn't actually take to long)
    Installing additional files

OK, if all went well we now have Pandora on the stick.
    Don't forget to run msipl installer if needed!

Press Triangle to quit....
    ....or L + X to install msipl.bin to the memorystick.

8) At this time press L trigger + X to install msipl.bin to the memory stick.The msipl will be installed and the PSP will exit to the XMB.

9) Go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run "Despertar del Cementero" Let it do its magic and it will auto-reset to XMB when its finished.

4. Longfish

Longfish Member

thanks about this guys i made it with a 1gb ms stick and modded 2 psp one fat from my brother,mine that is a slim satr wars edition and unbricked a firend's psp. thanks.