1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is this

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by benbernie, May 23, 2007.

1. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi gang
    i keep getting this message saying norton had blocked this potential attack.they dont say what it is only that it is;

http ms iis ntlm asn1 bo
    can anyone identifiy this type of potential virus?tanks.

benbernie

2. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

To start your fix, I will need a HijackThis logfile. You can get HijackThis at this link: link

Then, extract HijackThis from its archive and place it in its own folder - NOT on the Desktop!. This is important. A good location for HijackThis would be the following path:

C:\HijackThis

The program (HijackThis_v_1.99.1.exe) would go in the folder "HijackThis".

Follow the instructions above, run HijackThis, and make a logfile. Post that logfile in a reply.

3. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    i managed to download to hijack this but i cant get it into into this
    site-how do do that part??

lenny aka benbernie

4. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

Click "Do a scan and save a logfile". Then, after it's done, a notepad document should pop up. Copy and paste the contents of that document in a reply.

5. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    nope it still didnt work.can i email the log to u??

benbernie

6. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Ok, let’s give it another try.

HijackThis should be in the following path:

C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

Go to the C:\HijackThis folder, click HijackThis.exe and run it.

On the new users quickstart screen, click the button that says “do a system scan and save a logfile”

That will first display a system scan. Then a notepad document will open up right on top of the scan. In the blue bar across the top it should say hijackthis.log – Notepad.

Click the file menu in the upper left corner of the document.
    Then click save. Then close the notepad document and the hijackthis scan.

Navigate back to the C:\HijackThis folder. You should now see the hijackthis.log file in addition to the HijackThis.exe program.

Get this thread and an open reply box on your screen

Go back to the HijackThis folder, Double click the log file to open it in notepad. Start at the beginning of the document and highlight all the text by moving your mouse while holding down the left button. When the entire document is highlighted, right click and choose copy.

Then go to the AfterDawn reply window, right click, and choose paste. At that point you should have the log in the reply window for Fredil. If that still doesn’t work, post back and let us know exactly where in the process you are having the trouble.