1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of file is this?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by RatedA, Aug 26, 2007.

1. RatedA

RatedA Member

So I downloaded a PSP game and it's in a folder in 49 seperate files. EAch is named c-mgspoe with a number up to 49. I tried to open it with WinRAR but didnt work. CAn anyone give me the link to a program to open this kind of files or tell me wat the program is called?

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

i've seen those and with my experience in the situation i'd suggest that you get a different rip of it from a different torrent site cuz file sets like that are just a b!tch to work with

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Ahh...Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops....Excellent choice!

What you have there is a split archive-thats how the games are usually packed so you are not just downloading a single 8-900MB file which takes longer to download...

What you will need to do is extract the first folder in the series of those folders-the one with the extension .000-That will pull the info from all the other numbered folders and your end result should be a complete ISO that you can then place on your memory stick...Once you extract the ISO-you can save that elsewhere on your computer, and you will no longer need those other folders (unless you are planning to do the right thing and seed your torrent for a while) otherwise you can delete the folders when you are done..

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  4. RatedA

RatedA Member

So wats the name of the program to extract the first folder?

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

You would use WinRAR to unpack the archive....You may have to go into settings while in winrar (crtl+S) and click on the "file integration" tab, and check all of the options except CAB,ZIP,and ISO for file types..It should work once you do that..

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thought I would add this but there is a archiving program called IzArc that can handle these split up files as I will call them. It is a very handy program as it is able to deal with just about any format you throw at it and supporting many features like the archive joining in this case. Oh and did I mention that it is FREE!

7. drakex

drakex Regular member

Funny story you got there, I got the same like 10 times, what you do is this:

FIRST. make sure you can see the extensions, you will notice that each file has an extension in numbers... for example: x.001, x.002, x.003 and so on and so forth.

SECOND. you will rename each file in this order:
    x.001 rename it to x.rar
    x.002 rename it to x.r00
    x.003 rename it to x.r01
    x.004 rename it to x.r02
    and so on and so forth example at file 49
    x.049 rename it to x.r47

after you have done this to each file, then extract the first one, the x.rar to the folder and the winrar will know what to do and will unzip all the file... hope it works.

GOOD LUCK!

8. RatedA

RatedA Member

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Did you get it to work then? What did you end up doing? (In case this question arises again)

10. drakex

drakex Regular member

Yeah I want to know as well what did you end up doing :) I am pretty sure you ended up with the renaming, its boring buts it works. :)

11. RatedA

RatedA Member

Ohh I used IzArc, it worked perfectly.
    The only sad thing is that after I extracted the ISO and then compressed it to CSO, it was still like 50mb larger than my 1GB stick :(

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

So what's the problem with buying something like a 4GB which is only the price of one retail game?

And i have no problem unpacking .000 .001 .002 etc files with winRAR.