1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes a DVD Printable?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by crabjoe, Apr 12, 2005.

1. crabjoe

crabjoe Member

Just picked up the Epson R200 and I need some clarification on printable DVDs.

I see where they sell printable DVD and I see some DVDs just labled as "Matte Finish." If a disc isn't marketed as printable, can you still print to it assuming it has a matte finish?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like a silver DVD that I can print to instead of one's with a white finish.

Thanks!

2. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

Unless its says "inkjet printable" you can not print onto it. Dont even try it. Inkjet printable are coated with a printable surface.

You can purchase silver inkjet printable media. Which is only available online not in retail stores as far as I know. I personally use genuine Taiyo Yuden with my Epson R200 and have done over 200 no problems since December 2004. Ritek also makes silver inkjet printable media. They have a nice silver sheen and look almost 3 dimensional when printed on. You can view what they look like at this site with this link from a Canadian site I use. But you should be able to find these online wherever you are:

http://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=487

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005